Monday, December 12, 2011

Day Three short and sweet

The gym again. Feeling good but arms and legs are sore. Worked out alone today.

About the diet, one of my worries about this diet is my style. I go in one direction only to scurry in another if I don't get the results I want or if I talk myself into thinking I'm cured. The diet is restrictive. No canned tuna ,and fruit might be limited.

And the kind of feedback I want isn't coming yet. Put on my pants and they were still tight so nothing so far in the weight department but it's only Day Three. But I have had feedback--no accidents and no discomfort.

Looking at it positively, Day Three means that I am almost 1% done. I've resisted doing this but I have to do what I have always done when doing something difficult, project myself a year in the future and tell myself, "What would you have done instead?" This is how I got through college and this is how I will get through this. 

If this is something most people don't do right, I am going to be the determined one who gets it right. This will require a million and one "No's." Many decisions a day every day. So how will I show progress on these decisions. I was thinking of putting up a barometer with red representing the percent done. 

I should also count up the number of good decisions I need to make. I imagine it would come up three times a day, someone putting food in front of me or me being caught off guard. 365 x 3 = 1095 decisions and check each one off. And these are not small decisions like "What do I eat today?" This involves missing Christmas dinner, Easter dinner, people's disapointments, not going to restaurants, etc.  And the other several thousand choices I need to make to make sure the right food is there. I guess that would be another 365 so something like 1500 hard decisions before I get to one year.  And I'm not counting the 300 decisions as to whether to go the gym or not, whether to weigh myself or not.

I am warrior woman and I can do what others cannot. It's hot in here so I will sign off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment